Personal injury matters
We have extensive experience providing actuarial advice in personal injury matters. The range of services include:
- calculating earnings and superannuation loss, including issues related to the self-employed and complex defined benefit arrangements
- expenditure valuations, including future costs of care and costs of raising children
- costs of funds management, incorporating the recent decision of Gray v Richards
- wrongful death and claims by the dependents of a deceased individual
- life expectancy calculations , including mortality improvements and cerebral palsy matters.
Fund management uplifts are a critical component to lump sum compensation in order to ensure investment fees and charges do not adversely diminish the claimant’s capital sum over time.
Corey Plover is highly knowledgeable in fund management calculations and has been involved in:
- calculation of fund management uplifts since 2005
- expert evidence for fund management matters, including the recent Gray v Richards in the NSW Supreme Court
- design of fund management valuation models utilised by a number of private fund managers
- compilation of comparison tables for public and private fund managers.
General valuation services
More generally, we are able to use actuarial skills to provide advice to lawyers. The services include
- income stream valuation and discounting future cash-flows
- exercises in statistics and probability
- allowance for uncertainty in a stream of payments
- data analysis and financial modelling services